Friday, January 6, 2012

163 pages in...Bunheads by Sophie Flack

It's so mellow. And I like that!

Bunheads is centered around a nineteen year old dancer in a Manhattan Ballet company where she and other dancers hungry to be noticed breath and eat dance...ONLY.

There's nothing out of the ordinary showing up in this YA novel from Poppy. Hannah, the main character, gets torn in two (sort of) when she meets gorgeous and artistic and fun Jacob who attends NYU and occasionally gets guitar gigs.

Sounds cute, huh?

Well, she probably gets torn in three when this new guy, Matt, shows up in the picture and he's the perfect person for her. It couldn't have been more perfect. Seriously. He's a dancer, he travels the world, he's wealthy, it goes on. And did I mention he's totally into Hannah? Well. Sounds like a dream come true to me!

But spending time with guys and doing things with them is cutting into her dance and practice time where any slight slip up (let's say, you gain a pound) can completely trash your dancing career for good!

For these people, beauty is bone-deep and they like to show theirs off!

So who's it gonna be? Perfect Matt or the avant garde Jacob?

I'm loving the book so far because it's a relief from serious life! I feel like I'm reading a realistic Romantic comedy/black swan book!

Whats my rating so far? I've gotta go for four out of five beans right now because the author knows what shes talking about, the characters are vivid and seem to have minds of their own, and also it's relatable in the many issues that arise in this novel.

But I haven't finished yet! Stay page turning for a future update on my YA obsessions this winter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment