Friday, July 27, 2012

97 pages into "Venom"...

After falling madly in love with "Gilt" by Katherine Longshore (I totally posted all over Facebook about her and she replied to my blabbers! How sweet is that!?!) I knew diving into another novel based on historical mystery would suck me in like a vacuum.

And let me inform you now: It has done so.

I'm barely skimming the surface of this 400-something paged adventure and it has already wrapped me in. I'm already becoming completely and utterly attached to main character Cass in Venice, Italy who has proven she'll soon be taking on a transformation from shy-perfect girl to confident-risky gal in no time. Also, how can I not already fall for possible love interest Falco (hot name, don't you think?) with his impeccably brooding blue eyes, tan skin, dark hair, and love for art. His eye-winking, snarky commenting personality will surely send sweet and untarnished Cass on an invigorating roller-coaster! I'm ready for the sinful side of her to sprout, but with time.....

These two characters are already diving into a world of murder, secrecy, grave-robbing, and pendants leading to abandoned residences and shadowy places. Even though I talk on and on about how Cass is in for something she's never experienced before as a wealthy teenager living in the large homes Italy has to offer during the 1500s, I'm sure I will be in for an even bigger adventure reading about it.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment